If you still haven’t chosen a New Year’s resolution, it is not too late. There are a number of measures you can consciously take in 2017 to make yourself a safer and more defensive driver – improving not only you life but also the lives of those around you.
This year, take control of your driving habits, and consider these New Year’s driving resolutions:
- Designate a spot for your cell phone in your car – preferably out of reach – and keep it there, helping you avoid the temptation to text and drive.
- When’s the last time you checked your windshield wiper fluid level? Your coolant? Start keeping a written maintenance log, and stash it in your glove compartment.
- Establish a first-aid kit for your car and keep it updated. Consider what unique items you and your frequent passengers may need, such as medications.
- Practice defensive driving, slowing down, keeping your eyes peeled for other drivers’ mistakes, and driving cautiously.
- Beyond not drinking and driving – which you should never ever do – try to avoid driving when you are tired, sick, or emotional.
- Lastly, try to share more rides to save on fuel.
For more ideas, or to take a brand new vehicle on a test drive just in time to start the year, contact us or visit us at Pete Moore Mitsubishi.